Contributed by Nkafu Gabriel
The 21 players to represent Cameroon at the Under 17 World Cup later this month in Brazil are now known. The list containing the names of the 21 players was published on Wednesday October 16, 2019 by the Deputy Head Coach of the U- 17 national team, Libih Thomas.
The players are:
- Ekoi Manfred Mekumba who plays for Best Star.
- Tiwa Yvan Lafont who plays for Fondation Tafi.
- BeauBap Mbiandjeu Jacques Brund from EFBC
- Nang Toni Wilfred playing for AS Ngueng.
- Bere Laoumbo François Benjamin from Oyili FC.
- Ndzie Mezama Fabrice from Foundation Tafi.
- Ze Essono Severin Junior playing for Academy Ahala.
- Ngatchou Kamtchouang Ricky playing for AS Fortuna
- Adoudou Moussa playing for Real Academy of New Bell, Douala.
- Ngolno Patrice from AS Milet.
- Amadou Daouda from Oyili FC
- Ben Hamed who currently plays for Dauphine FC of Douala.
- Mvoue Steve who plays for AS Azur Star.
- Medou Bella from Apejes of Mfou.
- Dibong Kingue from AS Milet.
- Onana Etoga playing for Academy Hala.
- Yanick Noah playing for Sahel FC.
- Ismaila Seidou playing for International.
- Wamba Djouffo from AS Menoua.
- Nongoh Samuel Bakia from Daulphine FC in Douala.
- Eba Tchecegna playing for FC Lekie in Yaoundé.
Conspicuously absent from the list is Etienne Eto’o, son to Cameroonian football legend Samuel Eto’o.
He trained with the squad alongside other foreign based players who have equally been left out of this list. Many football fans have been wondering why they were left out but actually, in Cameroon, only home based players are allowed to play in this category. This explains why Etienne Eto’o and others are not part of this list, as they are not based in the country.
The 2019 U-17 world cup will take place from the 16th of October to the 17th of November. The current African champions will be hoping to continue making Cameroon and the entire continent proud by performing well in the competition and hopefully, lifting the trophy.